August 9, 2011

FriendShip of Life


"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin
This is probably the best quote I found about friendship, when I decided to write a post about Friendship Day. Friends are the best (or the worst in some cases) gift to us. So I thought of remembering the old times.
Image: photostock / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
School Days: Probably the best days of anyone’s life (most would agree), when you were carefree and were always upbeat even after a bad mid-term result (which was such a regularity with me). I spent my school days at two places, Delhi (Primary education) and Gandhinagar (Secondary & Higher Secondary). I was a thin, dark and shy boy back then (Not much has changed from then besides my weight of course). It used to be so much fun although we didn’t have any multiplexes or malls to go around. Today’s teenager’s expenses for a day were our pocket money for a month or two. We didn’t have bikes or scooties, but we had bicycles (geared ones were a rage back then). Although many now live in different cities, we are still in touch because of Orkut first and now Facebook of course (I met couple of friends from my Delhi school after about 10-12 years..Pretty amazing)
College Days: College (A-square P C-square i.e. AA Patel Comm College) was not much different from school for me. There’s a famous idiom in Hindi “Aasmaa se gire khajoor mein atke” well that was our situation back then. We left school in hope of being free and do all the fun stuff shown in movies, but all our dreams were shattered when we reached college. First of all, college was in same education complex as our school secondly it was guarded like we were prisoners in the jail. Anyways, I found quite a many great friends here and we had lots fun (details of which can’t be disclosed in this post…let’s just say read my earlier post Four Question Marks???? to get an idea). I had probably one of the best friends in life during this time. We were like brothers. It was amazing.
Pune Year: Honestly speaking I didn’t have any idea about life till I came here (Not that I still have a good idea…just a better one). My life was limited to a small city called Gandhinagar, cricket and friends. I actually didn’t want to go, but brother dear almost dragged me there to prepare for CAT and MBA exams and I will thank him for that all my life. I was scared. Yeah scared, of the big city, the traffic, so many unknown people, not being able to fit in, the list just goes on. So I enrolled for CAT coaching and in Diploma in Journalism there. I was living with my brother here in sort of a bachelor’s hostel. So I learnt to, clean my room, dishes and clothes and how to be self-reliant. With not much to do here, books became my best friends (I didn’t even have a mobile phone back then). Friends here were totally different from what I had seen till now. Firstly, they were older (in some case 5-10 years), then more mature, knowledgeable and intellectual. I learnt to understand things here. And slowly and steadily started to have my own unbiased view about things, issues and subjects (about anything). The city also gave me a new hobby- movies. I became a total movie buff. My departure from Pune was very sudden because of a family emergency, but I still remember the days that really made me a different person.
The fun MBA: When MBA finished I felt man it should have continued for couple more years. Yeah MBA was fun. With lots of event participation (and wins), it felt even better. Made a lot of friends here (friends for life). We had a big group of about 10 people in college and we had loads of fun. These guys were special and I just love them all. There were others whom I can never forget, can’t name them all but they all are super people. A special mention of my grand Project Partner here (he is a dude), without him god knows where my project would have gone.
Kreadiots: Well, part of the MBA group, Kreadiots is made up of four people. All four of us like to call ourselves creatively idiotic. This is because we bring creativity to idiocracy and have fun in the process. We also have a group t-shirt with our nicknames inscribed at the back. Yeah sounds childish, as I told you we do idiotic stuff creatively. (Some of that stuff can’t make it to the blog).
Working Days: Many of my friends tease me by calling me “Krishan Kanhaiya”. This is because six out of my nine colleagues are girls. You can do the math. Jokes apart, all of them are great individuals and really good friends.
The Pen Pals: Have had couple of pen pals since 2000. Well, you can’t call one of them Pen Pal actually, we are more of SMS, chat and FB friends. Other one is probably my second best friend I have ever had. Both of them are really awesome gals.
Just in case you were wondering who my best friend is, well she lives in Gurgaon. She is my best friend and has been so from the day I came on earth. She is my sister. Words can never explain the relation we have. We don’t need to say things to each other, to convey our thoughts. It’s just awesome. (Love you sis).
So that is me and friends. 

Image Source: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=2125

2 comments:

  1. Really interesting. Thanks for sharing 'Your Journey Called Life!'

    And you are right that all the KREADIOTS stuff cant make it to the blog!
    wink!!

    Keep up the show man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one Haly, Happy Friendship day :)

    ReplyDelete